By Hans Petter Langtangen
The ebook serves as a primary advent to computing device programming of clinical functions, utilizing the high-level Python language. The exposition is instance and problem-oriented, the place the functions are taken from arithmetic, numerical calculus, facts, physics, biology and finance. The booklet teaches "Matlab-style" and procedural programming in addition to object-oriented programming. highschool arithmetic is a required historical past and it truly is valuable to review classical and numerical one-variable calculus in parallel with examining this publication. along with studying tips on how to software desktops, the reader also will the right way to resolve mathematical difficulties, bobbing up in numerous branches of technology and engineering, by using numerical equipment and programming. via mixing programming, arithmetic and clinical functions, the publication lays an outstanding starting place for training computational technology.
Read or Download A Primer on Scientific Programming with Python (4th Edition) (Texts in Computational Science and Engineering, Volume 6) PDF
Best python books
As time is going on, procedure directors are offered with more and more advanced demanding situations. within the early days, a workforce of engineers may need needed to take care of one or platforms. nowadays, one engineer can administer hundreds and hundreds or hundreds of thousands of systems.
System directors are steadily exchanging their instruments with extra complex and versatile ones. one of many offerings is Python. Structurally, Python is a latest, high-level language with a really fresh syntax. Python comes with many integrated libraries which could make automation projects more uncomplicated. It additionally has wide set of third-party libraries and a truly energetic improvement neighborhood. this adaptability makes Python a good selection for a large choice of initiatives, from prototyping technology functions to method upkeep and management jobs.
* This e-book explains and exhibits tips on how to observe Python scripting in perform. in contrast to the vast majority of the Python books, it's going to provide help to method and get to the bottom of real-world matters that the majority process directors will encounter of their careers.
* during this e-book, you can find a number of initiatives within the different types of community management, internet server management, and tracking and database administration. In each one venture, we'll outline the matter, layout the answer, and plow through the extra attention-grabbing implementation steps.
* every one venture is observed with the resource code of a completely operating prototype, which you’ll have the ability to use instantly or adapt in your requisites and setting.
<h3>What you’ll learn</h3> * clear up real-world procedure management difficulties utilizing Python.
* deal with units with SNMP and cleaning soap.
* construct a disbursed tracking approach.
* deal with internet functions and parse complicated log records.
* instantly visual display unit and deal with MySQL databases.
<h3>Who this ebook is for</h3>
This booklet is basically aimed toward skilled approach directors whose day by day projects contain taking care of and handling small-to-medium-sized server estates. it's going to even be precious for approach directors who are looking to examine extra approximately automation and need to use their Python wisdom to unravel a number of process management problems.
Python builders also will take advantage of analyzing this e-book, particularly in the event that they are enthusiastic about constructing automation and administration tools.
This booklet assumes that readers already use Python and are ok with the language. many of the Linux distributions include Python and diverse libraries (such as Django, PIL and SciPy) packaged and available, yet easy wisdom of putting in applications in a Linux/Unix atmosphere is advised.
<h3>Table of Contents</h3>
<ol> * Reading and amassing functionality info utilizing SNMP1
* coping with units utilizing the cleaning soap API
* making a net software for IP tackle Accountancy
* Integrating the IP handle software with DHCP
* holding an inventory of digital Hosts in an Apache Configuration File
* amassing and featuring Statistical facts from Apache Log Files
* acting complicated Searches and Reporting on software Log Files
* an internet site Availability money Script for Nagios
* administration and tracking Subsystem
* distant tracking Agents
* statistics collecting and Reporting
* automated MySQL Database functionality Tuning
* utilizing Amazon EC2/S3 as an information Warehouse answer
A part of Packt's Beginner's advisor sequence, this ebook follows a pattern software, with plenty of screenshots, that can assist you familiarize yourself with the ideas as fast as attainable. reasonably skilled Python programmers who are looking to methods to create relatively advanced, database-driven, pass browser appropriate net apps which are maintainable and glance strong will locate this ebook of such a lot use.
Violent Python indicates you the way to maneuver from a theoretical figuring out of offensive computing options to a realistic implementation. rather than hoping on one other attacker's instruments, this publication will train you to forge your personal guns utilizing the Python programming language. This e-book demonstrates find out how to write Python scripts to automate large-scale community assaults, extract metadata, and examine forensic artifacts.
This publication deals Python programmers one position to seem once they needhelp remembering or decoding the syntax of this open resource languageand its many robust yet scantily documented modules. Thiscomprehensive reference consultant makes it effortless to seem up the mostfrequently wanted information--not on the subject of the Python languageitself, but additionally the main usually used components of the traditional libraryand an important third-party extensions.
- Python in Practice: Create Better Programs Using Concurrency, Libraries, and Patterns
- Python for Secret Agents
- Two Scoops of Django: Best Practices For Django 1.5
- Learning Python Data Visualization
- Apprendre à programmer avec Python
- Python, PyGame and Raspberry Pi Game Development
Additional resources for A Primer on Scientific Programming with Python (4th Edition) (Texts in Computational Science and Engineering, Volume 6)
If you try out program texts from this book, make sure that you type them in exactly as you see them in the book. Blanks, for instance, are often important in Python, so it is a good habit to always count them and type them in correctly. Any attempt not to follow this advice will cause you frustrations, sweat, and maybe even tears. 6 Verifying the result We should always carefully control that the output of a computer program is correct. You will experience that in most of the cases, at least until you are an experienced programmer, the output is wrong, and you have to search for errors.
26: Code Heun’s method for ODE systems; class . . . 27: Implement and test the Leapfrog method . . . . 28: Implement and test an Adams-Bashforth method . 29: Solve two coupled ODEs for radioactive decay . . 30: Implement a 2nd-order Runge-Kutta method; function . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 32: Code the iterated midpoint method; function . . 33: Code the iterated midpoint method; class . . . . 38: Find a body’s position along with its velocity . . 39: Add the effect of air resistance on a ball .
This means that we are basically interested in the time interval [0, 1]. 6 s. 6**2 The four standard arithmetic operators are written as +, -, *, and / in Python and most other computer languages. 6**2. Our task now is to create the program and run it, and this will be described next. 2 About programs and programming A computer program is just a sequence of instructions to the computer, written in a computer language. Most computer languages look somewhat similar to English, but they are very much simpler.
A Primer on Scientific Programming with Python (4th Edition) (Texts in Computational Science and Engineering, Volume 6) by Hans Petter Langtangen