By Swaroop C H
‘A Byte of Python’ is a loose e-book on programming utilizing the Python language. It serves as an instructional or advisor to the Python language for a newbie viewers. If all you recognize approximately desktops is how one can retailer textual content documents, then this is often the booklet for you. This publication is written for the newest Python three, although Python 2 is the widely came upon model of Python at the present time (read extra approximately it in Python 2 as opposed to three section).
This publication is a re-package model of unique document(by Swaroop C H).
You can get unique loose model at lower than link.
This booklet is authorized less than the artistic Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license.
You are loose to proportion i.e. to repeat, distribute and transmit this book
You are loose to Remix i.e. to evolve this book
You are loose to take advantage of it for advertisement purposes
Please don't promote digital or published copies of the booklet until you might have sincerely and prominently pointed out within the description that those copies aren't from the unique writer of this book.
Attribution has to be proven within the introductory description and entrance web page of the rfile via linking again to http://swaroopch.com/notes/Python and obviously indicating that the unique textual content might be fetched from this location.
All the code/scripts supplied during this ebook is approved less than the 3-clause BSD License until in a different way famous.
Read or Download A Byte of Python PDF
Best python books
As time is going on, procedure directors are provided with more and more advanced demanding situations. within the early days, a crew of engineers may have needed to take care of one or structures. nowadays, one engineer can administer 1000's or millions of systems.
System directors are progressively exchanging their instruments with extra complex and versatile ones. one of many offerings is Python. Structurally, Python is a latest, high-level language with a truly fresh syntax. Python comes with many integrated libraries which could make automation initiatives more straightforward. It additionally has large set of third-party libraries and a truly lively improvement neighborhood. this adaptability makes Python a sensible choice for a wide selection of projects, from prototyping technological know-how functions to approach upkeep and management jobs.
* This ebook explains and indicates how you can follow Python scripting in perform. not like the vast majority of the Python books, it is going to provide help to procedure and unravel real-world matters that almost all procedure directors will encounter of their careers.
* during this booklet, you'll find numerous tasks within the different types of community management, internet server management, and tracking and database administration. In every one undertaking, we are going to outline the matter, layout the answer, and wade through the extra attention-grabbing implementation steps.
* each one undertaking is observed with the resource code of an absolutely operating prototype, which you’ll have the capacity to use instantly or adapt for your specifications and surroundings.
<h3>What you’ll learn</h3> * remedy real-world process management difficulties utilizing Python.
* deal with units with SNMP and cleaning soap.
* construct a dispensed tracking method.
* deal with net functions and parse advanced log documents.
* immediately display screen and deal with MySQL databases.
<h3>Who this booklet is for</h3>
This ebook is basically geared toward skilled procedure directors whose daily projects contain taking care of and coping with small-to-medium-sized server estates. it is going to even be invaluable for approach directors who are looking to study extra approximately automation and need to use their Python wisdom to unravel a variety of method management problems.
Python builders also will take advantage of examining this ebook, in particular in the event that they are fascinated with constructing automation and administration tools.
This ebook assumes that readers already use Python and are pleased with the language. many of the Linux distributions include Python and numerous libraries (such as Django, PIL and SciPy) packaged and available, yet uncomplicated wisdom of putting in applications in a Linux/Unix atmosphere is advised.
<h3>Table of Contents</h3>
<ol> * Reading and amassing functionality info utilizing SNMP1
* handling units utilizing the cleaning soap API
* making a internet software for IP deal with Accountancy
* Integrating the IP handle program with DHCP
* preserving a listing of digital Hosts in an Apache Configuration File
* collecting and offering Statistical info from Apache Log Files
* appearing advanced Searches and Reporting on program Log Files
* an internet site Availability fee Script for Nagios
* administration and tracking Subsystem
* distant tracking Agents
* facts accumulating and Reporting
* computerized MySQL Database functionality Tuning
* utilizing Amazon EC2/S3 as an information Warehouse resolution
A part of Packt's Beginner's advisor sequence, this publication follows a pattern software, with plenty of screenshots, that can assist you familiarize yourself with the options as quick as attainable. reasonably skilled Python programmers who are looking to the way to create particularly advanced, database-driven, move browser appropriate internet apps which are maintainable and glance solid will locate this booklet of such a lot use.
Violent Python indicates you the way to maneuver from a theoretical knowing of offensive computing options to a realistic implementation. rather than hoping on one other attacker's instruments, this e-book will educate you to forge your personal guns utilizing the Python programming language. This ebook demonstrates easy methods to write Python scripts to automate large-scale community assaults, extract metadata, and examine forensic artifacts.
This booklet bargains Python programmers one position to seem once they needhelp remembering or decoding the syntax of this open resource languageand its many robust yet scantily documented modules. Thiscomprehensive reference advisor makes it effortless to seem up the mostfrequently wanted information--not with reference to the Python languageitself, but in addition the main often used elements of the traditional libraryand crucial third-party extensions.
- Mastering Predictive Analytics with Python
- Distributed Computing with Python
- QGIS Python Programming Cookbook
- The Python Language Reference Manual
Additional info for A Byte of Python
The arguments passed to your program using the command line. If you are using an IDE to write and run these programs, look for a way to specify command line arguments to the program in the menus. py with the python command and the other things that follow are arguments passed to the program. argv variable for us. argv list. argv . Notice that Python starts counting from 0 and not 1. path contains the list of directory names where modules are imported from. path which is same as the PYTHONPATH environment variable.
That is, the variable name points to that part of your computer's memory where the object is stored. This is called as binding of the name to the object. Generally, you don't need to be worried about this, but there is a subtle effect due to references which you need to be aware of. This is demonstrated by the following example.
However, this is not encouraged and should be avoided since it becomes unclear to the reader of the program as to where that variable's definition is. Using the global 34 Functions statement makes it amply clear that the variable is defined in an outer block. 4. py x is 50 Changed global x to 2 Value of x is 2 How It Works The global statement is used to decare that x is a global variable - hence, when we assign a value to x inside the function, that change is reflected when we use the value of x in the main block.
A Byte of Python by Swaroop C H